16 February 2011

More About Annihilators


Alex Garner has posted his painted cover for Annihilators #3, and what a doozy it is! I hope the Silver Surfer's galactic glaze is Dire Wraith tongue-proof.

I mentioned last time that Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning (a.k.a. DnA) were approached about a Spaceknights sequel ten years ago and wondered if any ideas from back then might have carried over to this series. Well, I sent an e-mail to Mr. Abnett asking him just that. Here's his response:

The Annihilators is NOT the story we would have done on Spaceknights ten years ago with Chris [Batista], because things have moved on. BUT...the tone is similar, and it similarly explores our interest in and fondness for the Spaceknight characters and concept. Hope you enjoy the result.

Well, I can't speak for the story yet, but I'm certainly enjoying the covers.

1 comment:

  1. yeah that is one sweet cover i just hope that indeed the story doesn't suck.

    ReplyDelete