01 May 2018

Jumpman's Grand Puzzle - Stage 4, Level 1 continued again

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Stage 4, Level 1 continued again

I was at Pints & Pixels just after their opening at 11:00 AM. I'd never been in on a weekday and had never seen them so empty. I wandered, mostly admiring the decorations on the walls. I spotted two other guys also looking, but they didn't seem to notice me.

Finally, half way through the restaurant I went into the hall that goes back to the restrooms and there was Steve. He was by the signature of the artist who painted the wall: Float. I looked back and managed to take a photo unobserved. Then I continued to the restroom and texted it to my family.

Not the problem photo, but a later one.

Unfortunately, the flash had made it hard to read, and they told me so. I looked through the rest of the restaurant to make sure I didn't miss anything. Then I went back to take another photo. One of the gunters was standing there, making no secret of what he was doing. I played a game of Robotron: 2084 while I waited for him to move on. Once he did, I took some more photos, but my flash didn't go off. After ducking around the corner to turn it on, I found the other gunter was back. I gave up being covert and spoke to him briefly while I took more photos.

Meanwhile, Walter had found the artist's studio in Lowe Mill: Float Shop. Lowe Mill is closed until Wednesday, so there was nothing else to do this day except work on the Ruby Key clue some more. They'd announced a special price for whoever solved it, to be given at a post-contest dinner, date and time to be determined. Even though I now had the next location, it didn't help. I still couldn't solve it.


That night, a scoreboard update was posted. The top two obtained the green key. The end game is here and I'm not sure I can catch up.

For additional entries, see the Jumpman's Grand Puzzle label.

No comments:

Post a Comment