06 May 2018

Jumpman's Grand Puzzle - Stage 6, Level 2

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Stage 6, Level 2

I realized over the weekend that Huntsville Escape Rooms was only open 3:00-6:00 PM Sunday and was closed Monday, so I needed to go by there on Sunday. We had an appointment Tuesday evening that was going to probably make me late to Pints & Pixels as it was, so a stopover at the escape rooms would have made me even later.

Walter was working and we had some shopping to do, so it was just me, my wife, and the two younger kids. We went in and I gave the pass phrase from the word search handout: "Oh my God, I'm such a geek." I think I showed the Emerald Key as well, but the employee at the counter didn't take it. He handed me a Wordlock with a laminated copy of the Jumpman box art locked on it. (Sadly, I forgot to take photos while the lock was still on it.) The back had the familiar days and times on it.


I asked if there were any instructions. He replied he couldn't give me a hint, but I should look at the Journal. Darn it, I'd left all my notes at home. I called my son at home and had him get my printout and look for entries that were four or five letters long. (The fifth wheel of the lock had a blank.) I tried all those that we I could and none worked. The fact that there was no R on the first wheel turned out to narrow things down.

My wife pulled up the Journal page and started handing out suggestions, as my son hadn't done a very good job of spotting possibilities. I also spent some time looking at the word search clue again, but was trying to think of what would go with "settle" in "Then the dials you'll turn and spin, / Until the answer settles in." Finally, after what had to be at least 30 minutes fooling with the thing, I figured it out. The word was "spin." I felt foolish, but the employee had given me a complete red herring about checking the Journal. I returned the lock and we were on our way. There was nothing left to do until Tuesday.

For additional entries, see the Jumpman's Grand Puzzle label.

No comments:

Post a Comment